- See upcoming features for future updates.
A list of changes made in each update. A (?) denotes that the info there is guesswork, and possibly incorrect. Known bugs in the latest versions are listed here.
||Date of Addition
| v. Enraged Koala
|| February 18, 2014
- Valentine’s Day items including swords, costumes, decorations, bow, etc
- Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armors
- Keybinding reconfiguration, minus the UI (you can reconfigure keys through a config file)
- Server stability fixes for servers with many players
- New death animations
- Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactive
- More Avian weaponry
- Projectile changes
- Dogs can now be captured (lots more pets coming soon)
- A bunch of new items and smaller pieces of content
- New (actually sounds good!) microphone instrument with sounds provided by Smooth McGroove!
- Bug where warping to magma/volcano biomes caused crashing was fixed.
| v. Furious Koala
|| January 26, 2014
- Absolutely massive changes to disk serialization, which will never require character or ships again, and hopefully world wipes too
- Proper versioning system for save files
- Added difficulty levels and permadeath characters
- Packed assets into databases (speeds up startup significantly), and included asset packing and unpacking utilities with the distribution
- Fixed some graphical glitches with the wire nodes
- Fixed some pretty nasty deadlocking bugs with networking
- Fixed some very strange memory leak bugs stemming from a gcc lambda capture bug
- Fixed various crash bugs related to a number of different issues
- Speed up improvements with falling sand and other projectiles
- Removed holiday stuff
- PVP is now forced enabled within Sector X. If you’re in a party there’s no team damage though.
- All player drops are now persistent
- New Monster attacks (gravity slam! gust attacks! other stuff!)
- Fixed Legendary Weapons damage (adjusted up to be more… well… Legendary.)
- Added new Techs (such as a Glitch Mech).
- New biome type enabled. Savannah.
- Added boss lore
- Added animations for bandage and stim consumption
- Better, more featureful .abc file support, and added Wanderlust music in the game
- Made NPC chatter more configurable and slightly more varied.
- Added new objects (such as lava biome treasure chests).
- Added new items (like nightsticks and bonesaws).
- Sword swooshes are only active for 0.6 seconds instead of 0.9 seconds.
- Balanced cooldown time and fine tuned hitboxes
- Added Viking helmet.
- Added landmines.
- Various changes to treasure drop pools
- Minor tweaks to existing armors to make them look better
- Medieval Furnace now actually acts like a Furnace
- Graphical upgrades to some existing plants, and new plants.
- Lots more secret stuff
| v. Angry Koala
|| December 22th, 2013
- A bunch of new features to world generation
- New crafting items
- Added skyrails based on Apjjms mod!
- Added a brand new weather system, moddable weather/new environment effects
- Hydrophobic objects are destroyed by all liquids
- Trees can now be planted
- Critical items stay on the ground longer
- Some new monster behaviours
- You must now be orbiting a planet to set it as your home
- Free teleportation to home planet from ships teleporter
- add acid rain, meteor showers, water collecting during storms and more
- made species mods easier to combine with one another
- add support for keysignature and keysignature changes for the abc system
- Disable speedlimit for default projectiles to fix inaccurate bullets
- New craftable turrets based on healthire's mod
- You can now land on asteroid fields, based on hints mod
- Tech now has descriptive instructions
- Tons of Christmas stuff!!
- Pos no longer 1 hit kill you
- You can no longer breath on moons or asteroid fields without the proper equipment
- Better fix fall damage
- New barren planets perfect for building
- Gravity now varies from planet to planet
- Some planet backgrounds improved
- Existing biomes can appear with different liquid types
- You can now craft racial flags, to show you've been to a planet
- NPCs will now switch to melee weapons up close
- More random encounters
- Pos can now be captured
- Wiring station can now be built to access to a ton of different wiring tools
- fixed mech legs
- tons of server improvements
| v. Offended Koala
|| December 15th, 2013
- There are a whole bunch of improvements to balance here, particularly in the early game. We aren’t wiping characters or worlds, but if you want to experience the proper balance you should make a new character/worlds to play it on!
- Experimental gun rebalance
- Experimental biome settings
- Streamlined mod support, more details here
- Unique monster changes
- Enable plasma guns
- Fix naked NPC merchants
- New portable pixel printer item (you must unlock tier 2 for it to show up in crafting).
- Tons of new blocks and items to craft
- New random encounters with unique items to find
- Lots of work in progress server changes
- Pets only attack npcs that are attacking the owner
- New songs to play on instruments including christmas carols
- New novelty hats
- Pets now level up
- You can no longer warp to gas giants
- Lots more fixes and small additions
- More coming really soon!
| v. Indignant Koala
|| December 11th, 2013
- Birds no longer attack you at long range, have lower damage, and don't follow you forever.
- Monster projectiles across the board better balanced
- Shields better balanced
- Early armors better balanced
- Melee weapons better balanced
- Ores better balanced
- AI improvements
- You can now craft lanterns (similar to Sixxes' lantern mod!)
- You can now craft a new back armor to help light caves
- Fixed the bubble gun crashing on mouse over
- Improve grass
- You are now invincible on your ship (this requires a new character)
- You need to be hit a lot harder to get knocked back
- Some UI updates
- Drills now destroy 3x3 blocks
- Nerf fall damage
- You can now turn 10 unrefined wood into coal in the furnace
- New "melting" status effect on lava makes lava super dangerous (watch out)
- Other misc changes
| v. Frustrated Koala
|| December 10th, 2013
- Weapon DPS fix
- Uranium, plutonium and solarium now work as fuels
- You can now REALLY craft a grappling hook
- Boss balance has been tightened even more
- Platinum armor is now unlocked on tier 5
- You can now 'recapture' pets
- Some more fixes...
| v. Annoyed Koala
|| December 9th, 2013
- HUGE balance patch, every item, creature, armor and weapon rebalanced. Leveling system entirely rewritten. Although the balance is early, the system is much better than the old one and we can now improve balance over time.
- Added early implementation of creature taming (more features coming soon)
- Added new mining items
- Added new weapons
- Added new throwable items
- Added grappling hook
- Added new boss and new sector of the galaxy
- Added a stance system to weaponry, not currently used but will allow us to add secondary attacks to weaponry very soon.
- Tons of new sounds
- Guns more common in tier 3
- Underground detached/rare biomes more common
- Underground random encounters more common
- Underground chests more common
- Ore rebalance (probably way way too much ore at the moment, will be fixed later, enjoy it)
- Baby monsters
- New monster palettes
- Added pixel compressor for high cost banking (idea from Ncrpts)
- Disable using the beamaxe to light caves underground
- Added new hats
- some monsters now graze on grass (can look ugly, needs finishing)
- Small bipeds now socialise with eachother
- All the monsters behave smarter and are less likely to get stuck
- You can no longer attack through blocks
- Fix the game on XP (hopefully)
- Tons more fixes and smaller additions
| v. Irritated Koala
|| December 5th, 2013
- Massively reducing the pixel cost (sometimes eliminating it entirely) on early weapons/armor.
- You can build a refinery in later tiers to turn ores of all kinds into pixels
- Monsters now have a small chance to drop meat when killed with normal weapons
- You can no longer teleport to another players ship from underground
- Bandages are now craftable with 4 plant fibres, no longer require fabric
- Fix human starter chest showing apex starter items
- Monsters now have a 70% chance to drop meat when killed with a hunting weapon, up from 50%
- Make guards you’ve summoned refer to you as their boss
- Make the refinery appear earlier in the game
- Reduced fuel costs a bit to go to other planets
- Tweaked wording of starter quests to encourage exploring of more planets
- Added hunting knife weapon that also makes monsters drop meat
- Added new legendary weapon
- Pixel loss on death reduced to 20% for testing, might change further
- Silver ore is now more visible
- Added new armor that provides a good amount of warmth early on in the game at the sacrifice of armor levels
- Tweaked the UFO boss to make him smash blocks
- Also make him a little bit easier by changing him to level 9 from level 10
- Revamping the warmth bar to make it more obvious (suggestion by thedbp on reddit)
- Increase mining speed a little
- Add numbers above the hotbar slots
- Craftable climbing ropes!
- Make sure hunger bar is always shown when eating food
- Make hunger bar display when the alt key is held down
- Added a dumb, quick way to advance through some of the tier 4-10 content (armors, weapons), just for fun.
- Complete tiers of content are coming really soon. I’d like to get 1/2 tiers of content done per week.
- Fixed a bug where minibosses over level 11 were not dropping the rare items they were supposed to be dropping.
- They now drop guns. (Thank you to <ippia> for finding this)
- UFOs should hopefully not fly off anymore, they were actually flying off to attack birds!
- Tons of bug fixes
| v. Perturbed Koala
|| December 4th, 2013