Weapons are items in Starbound used by The Player and some NPCs to inflict damage. There are different Weapon Types, some of which are procedurally generated via Weapon Generation and others can be crafted by the The Player. Certain tiers and types of weapons are common across all weapon categories. some can be One handed, and some can be Two handed.
Melee weapons cause physical damage dependent on their tier in an over-the-head slash, or a left or right jab away from The Player. The following is a partial list of the swords in the game. A complete list is also available.
Other types of weapons include:
Guns are energy based, ranged weapons that consume The Player's energy bar as ammunition upon use. According to the developers, all planned guns will be energy based and consume the energy bar as ammunition instead of other consumables.
- Machine Pistol
- Assault Rifle
- Sniper Rifle
- Grenade Launcher
- Rocket Launcher
Throwables are consumable weapons which can be thrown to deal damage. Unlike other weapons they do not function on a tiered system, and it is impossible to find Throwables with different stats.
Shields are one handed tools which when equipped and being used can reduce the damage of an incoming attack, or Block it completely.
Some weapon types are only dropped by specific kinds of NPCs. Not all NPCs will drop a weapon on death, even if they are armed with one. The quality of these procedurally generated weapons is dependent on planetary difficulty.
Human: USCM Prison
- Chair: (melee) two-handed folding metal chair, with a slow and high damage attack.
- Uzi: (ranged) one handed machine pistol which fires very quickly.
- glitchsmallmace: (melee) one handed medieval style flanged mace.
- glitchlargemace: (melee) two-handed weapon spiked mace.
- Glitch Crossbow: (ranged) two handed, slow firing, sniper rifle-like weapon which shoots crossbow bolts.
- Avian Sword: (melee) one handed, fast attacking shortsword-like weapon.
- Avian Blaster: (ranged) two handed, extremely fast attacking, crystal tipped minigun-like weapon which fires a stream of bullets.
As with other items in Starbound, weapons have a rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary). Legendary weapons have unique graphics and attacks, often releasing secondary projectiles after firing. Because of Weapon Generation two aesthetically similar legendary weapons found on a different planets will likely have different names, stats, and even numbers of secondary projectiles. Thus it is unlikely to find two legendaries (e.g. two different "watersword"s) which are the same in every way.
Bugs & Anomalies